- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Australia-Russian Federation relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
VISITOR VISA (BUSINESS VISITOR STREAM)
This visa allows people to make short visits to Australia for business visit purposes. You must be able to show your business background and that you are travelling to Australia for business visitor activities.
Business activities include:
- making general business or employment enquiries
- investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
- activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
- participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation.
See the Visitor Visa (Business Visitor Stream) Document Checklist for a summary of documents you must provide when applying for this visa.
How to Apply
Form 1415 - Application for a Visitor visa – Business Visitor stream
Persons wishing to undertake any form of business activity in Australia should apply for the relevant Visitor Visa in the Business Visitor Stream or for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa even where they also intend to visit Australia for the purposes of tourism.
A Visitor visa is not a work visa. Business visitors can NOT carry out work in Australia.
If you require a visa to undertake work in Australia, then you can apply for a:
Applications for all Visitor visas should be lodged at the Australian Embassy Moscow at least 4 weeks ahead of your travel date. This is in keeping with the Australian Government’s global service standard of 4 weeks for these visa classes.
Applications must be complete and will be processed as quickly as possible within this timeframe. However, processing times may vary depending on a range of factors and personal circumstances. If your application is likely to take longer than 4 weeks, we will inform you.
- In some circumstances you may be requested to undertake a medical examination. You should NOT undertake medical examinations until requested to do so by the Embassy
- All visitors are strongly recommended to obtain comprehensive health insurance prior to travel
- If you are aged 75 or over, you must provide evidence that you have medical insurance for the full period of your intended stay in Australia. If you are aged 75 or over, you must also undertake a medical examination with a panel doctor.
See: Health Requirements